The Peaks to Portland Swim to Benefit Kids is one of the oldest open water swims in the world; since before World War II thousands have braved Maine’s waters to swim the 2.4 miles from Peaks Island to Portland’s East End Beach.
Participants of various fitness levels and competitive experiences ages 16 years and up are invited to race. We encourage anyone who can swim a mile in less than 40 minutes to join us for this unforgettable swim across beautiful Casco Bay! All proceeds benefit children in the YMCA of Southern Maine's youth development programs.
This year's swim will be held July 20, 2019 at 8:30am
All Swimmers Receive the Following:
- Complimentary Peaks to Portland Swim to Benefit Kids moisture wicking t-shirt
- Official swim cap, water bottle, and bag
- Kayaker flags and zip ties
- Complimentary kayak transportation on Casco Bay Lines
- Closely monitored course
- Assortment of healthy snacks, fruit, and beverages for after the swim